Home-Start Oldham, Stockport & Tameside (HOST) in partnership with the Breastfeeding Network
Home-Start (HOST) give information to Mums so they can make an informed choice of how they feed their baby.
We offer infant feeding peer support to every Mum in Tameside and Oldham.
We will support you for as long as you feel you need it, from establishing breastfeeding with a new baby to any questions you may have at any point on your breastfeeding journey.
We can also give information about formula feeding and mixed feeding.
What we provide in Tameside & Oldham:
- Home Visiting Support and Telephone Support for as long as you need it.
- Partnership working with midwives and health professionals to provide a seamless pathway of care.
- Support in ante-natal and baby weighing clinics as well as one to one home visits on request.
- Bedside support at Tameside General Hospital.
- Events to help raise awareness of breastfeeding.
- Volunteer programme including training of new volunteers.
- Working closely with volunteers to help run Infant Feeding groups in local Children’s Centres.
Dates of breastfeeding support groups can be found here, or follow us for updates and information on Facebook or Twitter.
Become an Infant Feeding Peer Support Volunteer
Use your own experience to help support Mums.
Find out more information and how you can apply here.
Office telephone number: 0161 344 0669 (open 8.00 – 17.00 Monday to Friday)
Out of hours Duty Phone: 07802 883 947
Feel free to get in touch with the team with any questions:
- Denise Farrow, Infant Feeding Service Manager: 07836 269 210
- Virginia Blakeley, Infant Feeding Peer Support Assistant Mgr: 07753 229 027
- Liz Hough, Infant Feeding Administrator: 0161 344 0669