Home-Start’s Choose the Right Care team works in partnership with Oldham’s Right Care Service and Children’s Community Nursing Teams.
Together with our team of volunteers we aim to help parents to improve their general health and well-being and to feel more confident in choosing the right health care pathway for their baby or child.
We aim to support parents to learn how to care for their child at home, when to seek advice from a health visitor or a doctor and when to use emergency services. We also aim to support families to reduce accidents in the home. The overall aim of the project is to reduce avoidable attendance at A&E in children under 12.
Click here to visit the ‘NHS Choose the Right Care Path for your Little One’ website and find:
- A – Z Symptom checker
- Pharmacy and GP surgery finder
- Child Health NHS choices toolkit
Make a referral
Professionals can refer a family for Choose the Right Care Support if they meet the following criteria:
- Previous attendance at A&E or regular attendance at GP practice
- Child under 12 in the family
- Resident of Oldham (priority will be given to residents of South & Central GP Clusters)
- Family who would benefit from support to understand health services
- Families where children have acute illnesses